Monday, February 16, 2009

What I miss about Oaxaca...and what I do not

We have been back home from Oaxaca for 9 days, the same amount of time we were there. I've been able to reflect on the 9 days in Mexico, and compare them to time at home.

What I miss about Oaxaca, Mexico

1. The people. They smile and invite you in, and genuinly want to get to know you.

2. Working everyday and knowing what you did made a big impact on another persons life.

3. The fabulous cheese!

4. The really cool things in the market

5.The vibrant colors and the old cathidrals

What I love about being home

1. Sanitary drinking water

2. A good sewage system (think about this...if the sewage can't process toilet paper, where do you put it?)

3. A huge honkin' salad and pizza

4. Greenness everywere

5. Sane (mostly) drivers

I know everybody from the team is missing Oaxaca dearly, and most would sign up to go back next year in a heartbeat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love hearing about the trip! Thank you so much for keeping up with the blog!

Stephen